Recent Acquisitions to the Museum Collection – Upstairs
September 23 – December 3, 2022
- John W. Baird (American, 1952 – 2007). Train Yard, 1983. Photo projection painting in gouache and screen print. 2019.17, Gift of William Baker Rand in memory of John Baird, friend and colleague.
- Teresa Dunn (American, born 1976). Watching the Sea, 2018. Oil and Flashe on paper on panel. 2020.4, Gift of the artist.
- Juris Ubans (Latvian, 1938 – 2021). Untitled, no date. Screenprint. 2022.9.4, Gift of Mara and Juris Ubans.
- David Seltzer (American, born 1947) Desire 1998-2014, 2014. Archival pigment print. 2019.18.25, Gift of Eric Weber.
- Todd Watts (American, born 1949) Birds for Bruce Brown, 2008. Photograph. 2022.8.2, Gift of Bruce Brown.
- Nina Jerome (American, born 1950). Descent into Newark, 2011 (triptych). Oil on linen. 2022.10.3, Gift of the artist in honor of Genevieve and Homer Jerome.
- Shona Macdonald (Scottish). Night Rain Large, 2020. Acrylic and oil on canvas. 2022.2, Gift of the artist.
- Sean Downey (American, born 1975) First Person Planner, 2020. Oil on panel. Museum purchase.
- Deirdre Murphy (American, born 1967). Moss Colony I and Moss Colony II, 2018. Acrylic on panel. 2020.3.1 and 2020.3.2, Gifts of the artist.
- George Earl Ortman (American, 1926 – 2015) All works: title unknown, no date. Giclee print. All works: Gift of Reed Chapman, 2022.7.1
- Kristin Capp (American, born 1964). All works: Archival pigment print. Gift of Eric Weber.
- Fish and Arm, Salvador Bahia, Brazil, 2002. 2019.18.1
- Flatiron Building, New York, 1998. 2019.18.2
- Stilt Man, Waterville, Washington, 1995. 2019.18.3
- Alan Bray (American, born Russia, 1907 – 1984).
- Ghost, 2012. Lithograph. 2022.3, Gift of Alan Bray and Garvey Simon Art Projects, NYC.
- Untitled, no date. Screenprint. 2022.9.8